Even though life on the road has its challenges. Gettin lost, belly aching from weird road food and not sleepin in the same bed twice, I Feel sooo blessed. When I get a little down, I remember 5 Things I am Grateful For:
1. I Get to do these amazing adventures and play music and hang out with friends across the country.
2. I Get to move to Hawaii with my sweet boyfriend Drew.
3. I discovered Probiotics that help my belly out sooo much.
4. I get to spend 2 weeks in Colorado with my mom and friends and get to play music with Sean Foley and the She Said String Band.
5. I get to go to High Sierra Music Festival in Quincy, California as a guest. Yey!!!!
Life is awesome. Thank you THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Well, I am in my office right now, which happens to be a Starbucks in Atlanta,GA. I stop at Starbucks across the country so I can keep up with my booking, communication and Facebook duties. Ha ha. I left Asheville just before June and have been traveling and having sooo many adventures. Picnicking, playing music, hangin’ with friends, doing yoga and a tiny bit of surfing.
I went to Charleston, SC for a couple of days and played at the Awendaw Barn Jam, then hung out on Folly Beach and Sullivan’s Island. Also, I did a Bikram Yoga class with my friend Jason, that kicked my butt.
Then I went to Jacksonville and St. Augustine. One of my friends had access to a beautiful beach home on Villano Beach. We stayed there for a few days and they had to drag me out of that awesome pad. I have been enjoying practicing my yoga everyday as well.
I spent two days on the St. John River in a fishing cabin, where i practiced new material to play with my ukulele and fiddle. Sooo fun. Sooo peaceful and sweet.
Also I went to South Georgia to visit my parents and then spent the weekend on Lake Lanier, North of Atlanta to spend time with my niece and nephew.
Life is good in the hood. Just traveling along. I will be in Atlanta for a few days visiting friends and then I have a gig this Wednesday night June 12th at The Red Light Cafe with friends.
On Thursday I drive up to Cincinatti, OH to hang out with cousins and then head out West…… Here we go….
May the Long Time Sun Shine Upon You
May All Love Surround You
May the Pure Light Thats within You
Guide Your Way On……….
Well, I just got hit with a spark of inspiration. I am still in bed, did not sleep very much, but I thought about something. Instead of waiting til I get a spark of inspiration, start practicing daily on things I want to work on. I need to get in the habit of writing in my journal and my blog everyday and get out of my rut.
I am about to embark on some crazy adventures. My job is over May 2nd and then I leave Asheville on June 1st and head out West, stopping to visit friends and playing music along the way.
So, note to self. Get crackin!!!! Even if you don’t feel like writing, or practicing music, or working out, just hop out of the bed and do it. Time to get creative and have fun!!! These are my seasons Spring and Summer. Here we go………..
I am having such a wonderful amazing time in Jacksonville, Florida soo far. However, this is the coldest I have felt all Winter long, too funny. I thought I was going to have a sunny vacation and warm my bones. But that’s okay my heart is soo hot that its keeping me so happy. I am playing so much music and hanging with my yogi friends and did a fabulous fiddle workshop yesterday. I am living my life to the fullest and having the best life. I am soooo Happy!!!!
I play today Sunday March 3rd at the Bold Bean Coffee House from 4-6pm. Its located in the Riverside district of Jacksonville on Stockton Road.
Saturday Night March 2nd: Jacksonville, Florida: Audio Ananda w/ Caroline Bazemore Pond.
Community Potluck @ 5 and free show @ 7pm. Be there!
Sunday March 3rd: Jacksonville, Florida Bold Bean Coffee House, 2pm
Monday March 4th and 5th: St. Augustine, Florida
Wednesday March 6th: Gainesville, Florida to hang with JJ
Thursday March 7th: Savannah, Georgia
Friday March 8th: Milledgeville, Georgia playing for a benefit called L.O.V.E. Haiti.
More info later
Hey there beautiful people. I am back!! I am so thrilled!! I took a ton of time off from this blog and have had so many adventures. But, I came back here to update and put out in the Universe what I got going on.
Tonight, I play with Snake Oil Medicine Show at the Pisgah Brewery in Black Mountain, NC. And then tomorrow I will be at a Festival in Clarkesville, Georgia. I have not played with the boys in many months, so this should be a blast. I also have a solo show on Sunday night in Clarkesville as well.
I am going to do my darndest to try to keep up with this bloggie blog!!!
I love you!!!
Stay tuned for my upcoming Pre-Spring tour!!!!
Ok, I’m gonna put my 5 Positive things out there today. I notice I write many in my journal, but I’m gonna put this out on my bloggie blog:
1. Jane, my sister, and I made these delicious Jamacian Veggie Patties by scratch. They were delicious. Mom kept calling them empenadas. She liked them and she doesn’t even like ethnic food, so we did a good job.
2. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical machine,burning 460 calories.
3. I flew a kite today with Josie
4. I enjoyed watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics 2012 with my family and holding baby Thomas.
5. I made my very first frittata this morning, inspired by my friend Joel. The trick is to cook on medium heat.
So, I’m in Palm Springs, California for a little bit. My little sister had her 2nd baby. He is adorable. His name is Thomas. What a cutie pie. I love being with my family.
I have been a traveling fool this summer. I feel so lucky, blessed and blissed. I may not be rich in money but sure am rich in experiences. Bahamas with my best friend, Hilton Head with family and celebrating my birthday, Yogaville in Virginia at a kids camp, Isle of Palms and Folly Beach, SC with the Sol Driven Train guys.
Palm Springs is hot. My I-phone says its 111 degrees, but I feel like its 137 degrees out there. Too funny. Life is a bit more laid back here, due to its too hot to do anything outside. Also, I don’t have a car. But, I am about to start checking things out. I want to check out the Bingo Lounge at Ace Hotel, I want to go on the Tram before I leave and go find a yoga class.
Downtown Palm Springs boasts a 26 foot statue of Marilyn Monroe. She is lovely. I had to go and check her out.
So there are days where I just get extremely sad and depressed or hear negative things that get me down. But, I just have to remember that I am perfect the way I am . You are perfect the way you are. We make mistakes and we need to learn from them and move on. I have been doing a daily practice, inspired by my friend Jill, and every night before I go to bed, I list 5 Positive and Happy things that happened in my day.
1. I got to babysit my sweet friend Jo Jo today. He has been my Tuesday evening date and I just adore him soo much. Jo Jo teaches me so much.
My “boyfriend” Jo Jo
2. It was raining and pouring today and I made myself a cup of coffee and put a scoop of almond milk vanilla ice cream in it and sat out on the porch and listened to the pitter patter of the rain hitting the earth.
3. I have ran 3 days in a row and it makes me feel good in my body.
4. I am embracing change in my life and know things are just getting better and better for me.
5. I talked to my mom today and she told me she was looking forward to our daily walks together when we are out in California visiting my sister together.