So there are days where I just get extremely sad and depressed or hear negative things that get me down. But, I just have to remember that I am perfect the way I am . You are perfect the way you are. We make mistakes and we need to learn from them and move on. I have been doing a daily practice, inspired by my friend Jill, and every night before I go to bed, I list 5 Positive and Happy things that happened in my day.
1. I got to babysit my sweet friend Jo Jo today. He has been my Tuesday evening date and I just adore him soo much. Jo Jo teaches me so much.
My “boyfriend” Jo Jo
2. It was raining and pouring today and I made myself a cup of coffee and put a scoop of almond milk vanilla ice cream in it and sat out on the porch and listened to the pitter patter of the rain hitting the earth.
3. I have ran 3 days in a row and it makes me feel good in my body.
4. I am embracing change in my life and know things are just getting better and better for me.
5. I talked to my mom today and she told me she was looking forward to our daily walks together when we are out in California visiting my sister together.
Has it really been 2 months since I have come to visit my blog??? Oh my goodness. This Summer has been a whirlwind. In June, I went to Camp Yogaville to hang with kids, teach them music and play music for the kids while they were in Yoga class. I was also part of the kitchen staff preparing vegetarian meals for 60 people everyday. Camp Yogaville is in Virginia on the James River. I had such a wonderful time, however I did get bitten by a spider and had to go to the hospital because the bite got really swollen. At Urgent Care, I asked the doctor to pop the bite and he said, “NO”, that would not be a good idea. So, he wrote me a prescription for antibiotics and sent me on my way. As soon as I got into my car I popped the darn swollen spider bite myself and finally felt relief. I did experience a heavy cold with coughing and sore throat afterwards, but made it through. I must have an allergic reaction to spider bites. This was not my first bite in my life. But oh well……
In July, I went to the Bahamas to celebrate my best friend Heather’s 40th birthday. We did it in style. She rented a house and a boat and we got to explore all the islands of Abaco in Northern Bahamas. We snorkeled, hauled butt in a boat, drank rum drinks, and swam in turquoise seas. It was beautiful and breathtaking.